Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Location: Ryton upon Dunsmore
The Millboard Company Ltd is the leading manufacturer of premium wood-free outdoor flooring. The company employs over 100 people based in Warwickshire and proudly designs and manufactures in Great Britain. Recognised as the leading brand for wood-free alternatives in the UK, Millboard is a unique, wood-free alternative to composite and timber decking manufactured from a unique polyurethane resin blend. In 2015 The Millboard Company Ltd was awarded the accolade of one of the best 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange. In addition to this, we have just been placed in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire according to the BDO’s Growth Barometer.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Control Manager to join our high performing team, responsible for ensuring that everyone at the Ryton site understands what good quality and best practice quality control looks like. To establish, maintain and be the steward of all QC procedures ensuring the production team is trained in, and fully understands, the quality standards required and key people understand how to undertake the quality control tests. Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list. As such all job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
- Develop the company Quality strategy and Quality Department structure to align with business objectives.
- To assist in the collection and input of data and undertake any necessary analysis as part of continuous process improvements on the production lines.
- To establish a suite of KPI’s to help monitor all aspects of quality performance.
- To assist in the Quality control audits of all finished products and WIP.
- Lead and manage the QC team and develop a successful, skilled, motivated and engaged team delivering excellence demonstrated by the departmental KPI’s.
- To train Production staff in the use of quality checks and quality systems.
- Develop and drive change; people, plant and processes.
- Drive quality improvements using CI methodologies and a range of problem solving tools eg the DMAIC, FMEA, RCA, 5Y’s, etc.
- Support a World Class Mind-set Quality pillar by encouraging ‘Continuous Improvement’ and ‘Right First Time’ philosophies and use and develop Lean manufacturing techniques throughout the Production and Quality team.
- To keep accurate records for all production runs and batches.
- To assist in resolving problems that may arise on the Plant with respect to the quality of products including project work.
- To liaise with suppliers and monitor the quality of incoming goods and raw materials and ensure that only materials complying with the Company’s internal specifications are used in the production process; complete supplier non-conformance reports as required.
- To undertake investigations into any customer complaints received relating to products and raw materials and report findings back to the whole Operations team.
- To assist with R&D projects as and when required and undertake specific projects as required.
- To originate, evaluate and update Millboards specifications and work instructions.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the Q.C. laboratories, production lines, storage areas and offices.
- To adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures with regard to health and safety, accounting, minimisation of waste and care for the environment, equality of opportunity, elimination of discrimination and unfair treatment and prevention of fraud.
- To encourage and pursue a policy of continuous improvement and ensure, through co-ordination with the management team that departmental procedures and work instructions are maintained, up-dated when necessary and adhered to.
- To manage and monitor expenditure under your control.
- Be a Champion to drive continuous improvement in Health and Safety.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Group Directors or your Manager.
- Respect that no job you do at Millboard is so important it is worth getting hurt for.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science based field.
- Preferably HND or above in chemistry or related discipline with a good understanding of chemical processing.
- Previous experience of managing Best Practice Quality Control systems gained in a manufacturing company with a track record in using World Class Quality Management Systems and processes.
- An awareness of Lean Manufacturing and World Class Manufacturing processes gained from working in a manufacturing company.
- Proven team leading and people management experience in a manufacturing environment and capable of running Quality workshops.
- Good data collection and analytical skills together with written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience of leading process audits and working in partnership with raw material suppliers.
- Proven ability to evaluate quality standards and procedures and recommend change if appropriate.
- Strong character with drive, energy and enthusiasm who will have excellent “credibility” with peers.
- Ability to assimilate data and make clear, sound decisions.
- Ability to produce and review detailed numerical and statistical analysis on plant performance to generate improvement projects.
- Proven experience in change management and cultural change.
- Defined Contributions Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.