Salary: Very competitive starting salary
Location: Ryton upon Dunsmore
Millboard is recognised as the market leader in moulded decking that perfectly replicates the look of natural timber. Our superior decking creates outdoor spaces that people love, encouraging them to live life outside.
Based in Coventry, with production in Warwickshire, we employ more than 100 people and are proud to design and manufacture in Great Britain. Millboard decking is manufactured from a unique polyurethane resin blend and offers a unique alternative to timber and conventional composite decking. Since the product was first launched in 2007, our product innovation has underpinned rapid expansion and, through our commitment to continual improvement, we are achieving widespread industry recognition.
Our vision is to be the market leader through production innovation, performance and service. Fundamental to this is our values which focus on honesty and integrity, continuous improvement, and service and communication.
In 2015, Millboard was placed within the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, at the London Stock Exchange Awards. In addition to this, we have for two years in a row been placed in the top 50 fastest-growing companies in Coventry and Warwickshire, based on three-year growth rates. Despite our growth and success, we remain committed to maintaining an inspiring and dynamic working culture that is inclusive and open for the whole team. Millboard creates an environment where staff members are not taken for granted, and all employees are rewarded and encouraged to be the best that they can be. Everyone is encouraged to share their views and their passion for their work, in order to contribute to our ongoing improvement and development.
Millboard has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Quality Control Coordinator, the successful candidate will be required to check, assess and monitor that all processes and standards are being met and finished products meet all the required standards, both physical and aesthetic.
- The Quality Coordinator is one of a team of three stewards of all QC systems and procedures and QC monitoring and testing activities.
- Ensuring the quality standards are clearly stipulated and communicated and the Visual Definition Document (VDD) is up to date and being used.
- Responding to product quality queries at the end of the line and undertaking problem solving with small teams to resolve issues.
- Ensuring all scrap boards and rework boards are managed quickly, effectively and accurately including the paint reworking of boards.
- Approve finished products and label full pallets accordingly and confirm scrap and required re-work to Team Leaders and Production Supervisor.
- Accurately documenting inspection and test results and completing reports and logs, summarising scrap, re-work and waste data and inputting data into quality databases.
- Approve incoming raw materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement checks, laboratory testing of all raw materials and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials if required.
- Undertake first-off inspections and approve in-process production by confirming product quality against specifications and conduct visual and measurement checks and communicate required actions to Team and Shift Leaders.
- Supports void and paint re-work improvement projects
- Ensure the laboratory housekeeping is maintained at the highest standard
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following site standards and procedures and ensuring the health & safety of all colleagues.
The competencies listed are appropriate to the Quality Coordinator and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires.
- Experienced Quality Inspector preferably with a recognised quality qualification (e.g. CQI)
- Experience of manufacturing and production line environments and working with Production Operatives
- Report and rectify all incidents and failures in relation to QC equipment, procedures, results and finished products
- The individual should demonstrate fault finding & problem solving abilities and be able to actively participate in problem solving and root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Organising & performing all routine/non-routine QC work & solving technical issues
- Producing & maintaining all relevant documents such as; written reports, validation documents, work instructions, SOP’s and QC records
- Effectively liaising with QA, Production, Warehouse and Logistics departments on relevant QC matters
- Ability to train Quality processes and procedures to a wide range of colleagues
- Demonstrate practical and technical knowledge in chemical handling and testing
- Demonstrates practical and technical knowledge of using laboratory testing equipment including FTIR, Karl Fischer, compressive strength test, humidity chambers, Binders, Shore A test equipment, etc.
- Experience of using standard measuring equipment is essential.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Good report writing skill.
- A good working knowledge of polyurethane production methods would be advantageous
- High attention to detail
- Decisive thinker able to work within agreed timescales
- Understands that nothing is so important it cannot be done safely
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE