Salary: Very competitive starting salary
Location: Ryton upon Dunsmore
The Millboard Company Ltd is the leading manufacturer of premium wood-free outdoor flooring. The company employs over 100 people based in Warwickshire and proudly designs and manufactures in Great Britain. Recognised as the leading brand for wood-free alternatives in the UK, Millboard is a unique, wood-free alternative to composite and timber decking manufactured from a unique polyurethane resin blend. In 2015 The Millboard Company Ltd was awarded the accolade of one of the best 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange. In addition to this, we have just been placed 21st in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire according to the BDO’s Growth Barometer based on 3 year growth rates.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Team Leader to join our high performing team. Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate is required to ensure that all standards and targets are met; all lines are running efficiently and will be able to implement recovery plans as required to ensure any issues are resolved without having detrimental impacts on overall business performance.
- Responsible for all activities undertaken by your Production shift team including ensuring the target productivity is achieved on a daily basis.
- Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships in order for your Production shift team to achieve their best performance.
- Supervising the manufacturing process and ensuring the manufacturing equipment is clean, adequately maintained and in good working order and working with the Engineering team to highlight any areas of concern immediately.
- Ensuring all scheduled equipment Cleaning, Inspection and Lubrication tasks are completed by the Production shift team including replacement of basic parts as required.
- Ensuring products are scrutinised for defects and the quality checks are carried out by your team as scheduled and following the Millboard quality standards.
- To lead by example and to constantly promote best practice in terms of health and safety behaviours and quality procedures.
- To identify process improvements and opportunities to make the process more efficient and more productive.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Production Manager and Supervisor, the Engineering team and with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance and to ensure a co-ordinated team approach to achieving the targets set.
- Attend daily meetings at which previous shift performance KPI’s must be explained especially when falling short of targets.
- A flexible approach to working hours including working overtime and or shift work when required and attending courses or training that may take place outside of normal working hours.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Millboard management team including training activities relevant to your position, conducting Risk Assessments and root cause analysis.
- To recognise that no task at Millboard is worth getting hurt for and to promote this key message through your team.
The competencies and experience listed are appropriate to the Production Team Leader and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires;
- Previous hands on experience within a high volume, fast paced continuous process manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of line management responsibility must be demonstrated
- Management qualification of ILM Level 2 preferred.
- Preferably to have experience of working in a World Class/Lean manufacturing company where you have used Continuous Improvement and modern manufacturing principles.
- Green belt six sigma certified preferred but not essential.
- Experience of undertaking equipment cleaning, inspection and lubrication tasks and coaching your team to do the same.
- Ability to lead and make decisions.
- Takes ownership for team cohesion and team development and motivating them to achieve great results.
- Is self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels.
- Ability to analyse, report and explain data accurately.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Applicants must have a full UK driving licence.
- 6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.