Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Location: Ryton upon Dunsmore
Millboard is recognised as the market leader in moulded decking that perfectly replicates the look of natural timber. Our superior decking creates outdoor spaces that people love, encouraging them to live life outside.
Based in Coventry, with production in Warwickshire, we employ more than 100 people and are proud to design and manufacture in Great Britain. Millboard decking is manufactured from a unique polyurethane resin blend and offers a unique alternative to timber and conventional composite decking. Since the product was first launched in 2007, our product innovation has underpinned rapid expansion and, through our commitment to continual improvement, we are achieving widespread industry recognition.
Our vision is to be the market leader through production innovation, performance and service. Fundamental to this is our values which focus on honesty and integrity, continuous improvement, and service and communication.
In 2015, Millboard was placed within the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, at the London Stock Exchange Awards. In addition to this, we have for two years in a row been placed in the top 50 fastest-growing companies in Coventry and Warwickshire, based on three-year growth rates. Despite our growth and success, we remain committed to maintaining an inspiring and dynamic working culture that is inclusive and open for the whole team. Millboard creates an environment where staff members are not taken for granted, and all employees are rewarded and encouraged to be the best that they can be. Everyone is encouraged to share their views and their passion for their work, in order to contribute to our ongoing improvement and development.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Engineering to join our high performing team. Reporting to the Site Director, the successful candidate is required to lead and manage the Company’s Engineering function and strive for a World Class mind set across the site. This individual will drive delivery of best practice professional maintenance standards through the engineering team and develop, train, lead and ensure standards are met to increase reliability, safety and performance of all manufacturing processes, effectively on time to budget.
- Lead and manage the Engineering team and develop a successful, skilled, motivated and engaged team delivering excellence demonstrated by the departmental KPI’s.
- Manage and set objectives for the team of Engineers through personal development plans aligned to strategic objectives, talent management, succession plans, training.
- Develop the Engineering Department strategy and structure to align with business objectives.
- Develop an Asset Management/PM/PPM programme, including operational asset care.
- Undertake an Asset criticality assessment and develop a database ensuring spares holding complies with usage and OEM recommendations.
- Implement a full Stores Management system and resource as appropriate with a Spare Parts strategy for the business.
- Implement a full CMMS system using a systematic approach defining scope of project, tender, installation and operation.
- Reduce cost of maintenance and support and drive site led initiatives using the CMMS and GEMBA data to highlight top losses and to drive improvements.
- Lead problem solving events using tools like FMEA, RCA, DMAIC, 5Y’s, etc.
- Champion and drive the Engineering Health and Safety agenda.
- Assess line engineering downtime and ensure it is fully analysed and actioned within agreed timescales in terms of repair, root cause analysis and re-design as and when necessary then review the current PPM schedules and align these accordingly.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Production Manager, Supervisor and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance and to ensure a co-ordinated team approach to achieving the targets set.
- Lead a World Class Mind-set pillar by encouraging ‘Continuous Improvement’ and ‘Right First Time’ philosophies and use and develop Lean manufacturing techniques throughout the Engineering team (5S, wasteidentification and VSM, etc.)
- Manage cross functional teams to improve equipment reliability, especially Operational Maintenance (AM/PM and CIL’s)
- Introduce an Energy Management Reduction programme.
- Adhere to the Millboard Accounting Procedures and manage the R&M spend and formulate cost saving initiatives. Manage, monitor and review the engineering budget with particular emphasis on: Engineering spares inventory including critical spares availability, Engineering overtime, New plant, equipment and project requirements in line with agreed project spend and Contractor and Agency staff costs
- A flexible approach to working hours including working overtime and or shift work when required and attending courses or training that may take place outside of normal working hours.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Group Directors or your Manager.
- To recognise that no task at Millboard is worth getting hurt for and to promote this key message through your team
- Degree in electrical and/or mechanical engineering.
- Ideally NEBOSH qualified but minimum IOSH Managing Safely.
- Previous hands on experience within a high volume, fast paced continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Very strong people management, organisational and project management skills.
- Experienced Engineering Manager with a proven track record of delivering Best Practice reliability and maintenance solutions working in a fast moving continuous manufacturing environment managing a team of multi-skilled engineers.
- Ability to assimilate data and make clear, sound decisions.
- Takes ownership for team cohesion and team development and motivating them to achieve great results.
- Proven experience in change management and cultural change.
- Strong character with drive, energy and enthusiasm who will have excellent “credibility” with engineering peers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels.
- Ability to produce and review detailed numerical and statistical analysis on plant performance to generate improvement projects.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- 22 Days Leave + Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.