Millboard is a resin-mineral composite (RMC) decking board, manufactured in the UK as a high quality alternative to wood plastic composite (WPC) and hardwood decking. It is the UK's only wood free composite that also far exceeds anti slip rating to BS 79.76., with the added benefit of being stain and fade resistant as well as being maintenance free.
- Each board profile texture is tested for low slip values. (Millboard decking has the highest known anti-slip rating available on a composite decking board)
- Non abrasive anti-slip finish – high anti-slip even in the wet! (The only composite decking that exceeds the requested wet anti-slip ratings for public areas)
- Children & Pet Safe – Splinter free
- U.V inhibiting materials – minimal U.V affects. ( tested for up to 20 years light equivalence)
- Hygienic – does not absorb spills. (Beers, wines, spirits and food fats)
- Maintenance free – no sanding or staining ever needed.
- Algae resistant – non porous therefore resisting algae growth (rain will wash it off). Anti slip and near zero maintenance. No wood fibres or rice husks to support mould or algae growth.
- Low Energy expenditure manufacturing compared to all wood plastic composite products - Millboard = (2-6 MJ/Kg) / Wood Plastic composite products- (6-29 MJ/Kg)
- Solid board – does not harbour dead insects as per hollow wood plastic extrusions or rotting timber.
- Stain and mould resistant.
- Durable and long lasting.
- Matching fascia boards and step edge boards for a higher profile finish
- Variety of surface textures and colours enhancing the decking – no need for complicated decking styles to add appeal.
- Virtually no expansion or contraction, so closer joints can be achieved for a safer deck or boardwalk.
- Millboard decking will not shatter on impact. (All boards are fibre re-enforced)
- Environmentally friendly, Millboard decking is manufactured with reclaimed minerals to save trees.
- Millboard decking is made in the UK – lower carbon footprint.
- Inspiring new textures and profiles never seen on decking before.
- Excellent visual effects. Each board is hand finished, resulting in a totally unique, realistic timber effect. (The most realistic composite decking in the world)
- Both aged Weathered and new Oak and hardwood grain textures.
- Choice of natural colour blends and tones from rustic charm to contemporary elegance.
- Innovative, more than just wooden planks you create an outdoor floor an extension to your living space.
- Easy to fit top fixings for faster installation.
- Contractor friendly – no pre-drilling.
- Cuts and screws like wood – No special tools required.
- Light weight
- Lost head fixings, on Lastane finish – Enhanced effect.
- National distribution to site or yard.
- No splitting or warping so no costly call backs.
- Easy-to-sell advantages over wood = more profit by up selling!
- Millboard decking can be installed on a timber sub frame. Matching fascia and step edge boards available which achieve a higher profile finish- resulting in greater word of mouth recommendation.
Our WPC (wood/plastic) decking is manufactured by the well-known company Xyltech who create quality decking boards made from a unique blend of wood fibres and recycled high density polymers. Available for a number of decking settings, such as gardens, terraces and balconies, this product is environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable. Being quick and easy to install, it is resistant to rot, mould, algae growth and termites.
WPC decking is a hardwearing and durable product that still has the aesthetically pleasing image of wooden decking combined with the long-lasting attributes of plastic. As it does not use large amounts of wood, it doesn’t contribute to deforestation or other non-environmentally friendly practices.
For more information on any of our plastic decking products, contact us today on 024 7643 9943. We will be able to discuss colours and prices as well as answer any other queries or questions you may have. Alternatively, feel free to browse our collection below.